Blue Ox Success Series: How to Protect Your Business from Ransomware
Wednesday, July 28, 2021 (10:30 AM - 11:30 AM) (CDT)
Success Series: How to Protect Your Business from Ransomware
Ransomware Risk: What is it? and What to do!
Ransomware attacks can devastate an organization in obvious ways, most notably by preventing it and its customers or users from accessing critical data and resources. But such an attack can also have longer lasting and far wider consequences for you, your customers, and your bottom line.
- How and why cybercriminals exploit vulnerabilities to make Ransomware demands
- Which businesses and organizations are targets
- 3 Ps of Ransomware Preparedness - Prevent, Protect, Prevail
- Cyber risk is escalating and all businesses should be aware.
- Hear examples of how it can affect us locally.
- Reduce your risk. You'll learn a few easy ways to reduce risk.
- What to do if you become a victim!?!
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners and leaders responsible for ensuring that risks to their business operations are understood and managed.
- Anyone who wants to understand how to better protect their business, family, and selves from cyberattacks.
About the Speaker:
has delivered improved business results for Deerwood Technologies’ clients and filled key roles in enterprise technology organizations at a variety of major financial institutions over the past 40 years.
Jim has a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of St. Thomas; a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Minnesota along with various security, technical and sales certifications from industry groups and vendors. He is a US Navy veteran.
He’s a member of Salem Lutheran Church in Deerwood, is involved and engaged with 3 area Chambers of Commerce, president of Deerwood Civic & Commerce and is an active member of both the Deerwood American Legion and the Brainerd Area Sertoma service clubs.
Together with his wife, Sheila, they enjoy various activities and outdoor events with their grandchildren, children and their extended family and friends in the Deerwood and Cuyuna Lakes areas. Golfing, fishing and preparing for his 2nd 5K walk (maybe a little running) are Jim’s current priorities.
Free for Chamber Members.
Brainerd Lakes Chamber Event