Second in command in kitchen and in charge of all food production. Ensures that all products meet Ruttger’s quality standards. Maintain interdepartmental lines of communication, and interact on a daily basis with guests and resort staff.
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
The employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill these functions. Ruttger’s further expects every employee to exhibit stellar guest service and a regular attendance record.
- Supervises all kitchen employees, dishwashers, cooks, salad preps.
- Supervises production of all food, menu items and buffets.
- Verifies that all portions, standards, policies & procedures are followed.
- Supervises kitchen mise en place of all stations.
- Checks that all food is garnished correctly and buffets are set properly.
- Completes daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Ensures good security and safety practices.
- Foster positive working relationships and communication with all departments.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary culinary arts training program degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of three (3) years in previous food preparation required.
- Must be able to pass Ruttger’s background check;
- Talk; hear; see in color; adjust focus to include close, distance, depth, and peripheral vision;
- Stand; walk; sit; kneel; lift; push; pull; reach with arms and hands; move objects weighing up to forty (40) pounds.