Are you looking for an opportunity to build your entrepreneurial sales and networking skills by selling a unique, in-demand service, all while working outside by the lake? Then join our team at Waterfront Restoration!
This is a PAID internship. And even though the position is listed as an internship, we also have the option of it being a full-time, year-round position.
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing, and motivated candidate to develop new and existing relationships with clients in and around the Brainerd Lakes area. You will consult and sell our SCUBA by-the-root lake weed removal services to residential homeowners who live on the lake.
In this internship, you will be working directly with our Director of Sales and the Director of Marketing to learn how to use key sales tools. You’ll also get coached and get hands-on opportunities to build leads, qualify customers, and close deals. This will leave you incredibly prepared for any sales or account management job you want going forward.
Unlike sales positions at other companies, you get to spend time outside and by the lake- and selling the service is fun! It’s a service that home and cabin owners want so that their family can enjoy their lakefront weed-free– you’ll be putting smiles on people’s faces. At the same time, you earn an excellent income for yourself and develop your entrepreneurial skills portfolio.
This is an outside sales internship position in the Brainerd lakes area - approximately 40-50 hours per week. You will be the face of the company and meet with the leads at their lakeshore property to provide and present a quote and inform them of our services. You will also work from your home to provide quotes via phone, email, and zoom to prospects who cannot meet with you onsite. You will also be responsible for following up with any open leads until the sale is closed. From there, you will provide our operations team with customer information and instructions to complete services.
Past interns that have worked in similar positions at Waterfront Restoration have progressed to career paths in many positions and companies, some of which include:
- The Hershey Company - District Sales Supervisor
- Cargill - Business Intelligence Specialist
- General Mills - Business and Sales Management Associate
- Target Corporation - Business Analyst
- EY - FSO Asset Management Assurance specialist
Key things you’ll learn:
- The steps of the sales cycle (including tips and tricks on how to master each one).
- How to thrive in a service company while connecting with some of the most affluent and advanced individuals in the United States.
- How to use leading sales software programs to help make your process more efficient and effective.
- How to communicate and work with the marketing department to produce outstanding marketing pieces and sales aids.
- How to create expert presentations for each homeowner.
- Referral-based lead-generation techniques.
To be a good fit for the position you will need:
- A winning attitude and a proven trend of personal growth
- A valid driver’s license with a dependable car
- Basic computer competence in Excel and a CRM
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and the ability to achieve goals
- A strong sense of integrity
- Knowledge of the Brainerd Lakes area
Base salary + clearly articulated commissions and bonuses hourly equivalent to about $20 per hour.