Brainerd Community-Based Program Coordinator
Position Summary: The Program Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment of children and volunteer adults in the Brainerd area who wish to participate in Kinship Partner’s mentoring program and pairing them to form positive, enduring relationships.
- Engage in strategic volunteer recruitment efforts to locate and increase pairings of adult mentors and children using a variety of methods and communication tools
- Identify children in the local community who are seeking an adult role model relationship through a variety of networking means including, but not limited to, schools, churches, social services agencies, and other youth-serving programs
- Interview mentor candidates for the program and pair adults with children after a thorough background check, orientation and training
- Provide ongoing support, training and communication with program participants during the match, documenting all communication in an online database
- Develop working relationships with community leaders, agencies, and organizations in the community and maintain awareness of community resources
- Plan and execute group activities and community service projects
- Assist the Executive Director in overseeing program goals and objectives
Minimum of an associates degree required; bachelor’s degree in education or a human service related field preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds. Experience working with volunteers, youth and public speaking preferred.
Part-time position, 24 hours per week, flexible schedule with opportunity for hybrid in-office/work-from-home scenario